Transdisciplinary and transcultural research in Transition Zones promoted with civil society in the search for alternatives to current models of coastal development. OLO focuses its research on the co-creation of socioecological cartography of local environmental symptoms; the co-construction of sustainable and emancipatory solutions meeting traditional, local, technical, and scientific knowledge; local socio-anthropological collaborative analysis; and the promotion of active and critical community participation in resource management and climate change issues.
- Monitoring the development of local socio-environmental movements
- Educational activities in school groups
- Support for community assemblies
- Cartography of communities and fishing activities
- Assistance in the development of project proposals and official documents for fishing associations and residents
- Transition Zone Literacy